League report w/c 14/10/13

Started by Denis Cannon

< Back to forum topics

You must be logged in to reply on this topic.

Reply Message
Denis Cannon
Mon 21 Oct '13 @ 9:41am

Week three of the 2013/14 season and most of the expected teams are leading the five divisions. In the Premier division last year’s champions Iron Room A are in first place and in Division one the strong Faversham A team already have a huge points lead over their rivals. Herne Bay F lead Division two and Natives B and CW8 have a joint lead in Division three. Division four is led by Herne Bay I but the Faversham teams F and I are close behind both having played one game fewer.

In the Premier division last week Iron Room A had a convincing 7/2 win over two man Iron Room B but for the B team both Mebs Virani and Cliff Smallman had wins over Russell Bates. The other reported Premier game was a 7/2 win for Hoath B over Heron A with two wins apiece for Chris Hearn and Clive Hollingsbee and a maximum for Mike Howard, only Di Pearce responding for Heron with two wins.

Division one leaders Faversham A had a 6/3 win over two man Heron B with a treble from Harry Law and Herne Bay C won 6/3 against CW4 despite three wins from Warrior’s Jack Young.

In Division two there was a comprehensive 9/0 win for Choughs D over CW5 and a narrow 5/4 win for Herne Bay F over Herne Bay E thanks to three wins from Jim Burns.

Division three saw a 5/4 win for Choughs E over the Herne Bay G side with two wins each from Chough’s players Joe Asmah and Jenny Hogben plus two from Bay player Robert Nutter. Also in Division three was a 7/2 win for Faversham C over Blean C, Mark Thomas winning all three of his games for the Faversham team and Dave Mason responding with both wins for the Blean side.

In Division four leaders Herne Bay I won 4/1 against Faversham F thanks to a maximum from Colin Floodgate.

Denis Cannon

Remember me and or Register