League Report 02/12/2010

Started by Mebs Virani

< Back to forum topics

You must be logged in to reply on this topic.

Reply Message
Mebs Virani
Fri 03 Dec '10 @ 7:59pm

CANTERBURY & DISTRICT TTA PRESS REPORT 02/12/2010

Faversham B are the undisputed leaders of Division 3. With seven wins out of seven and a staggering 55 points they lead second place Chestfield Warriors by 11 points even though Warriors are also unbeaten in seven games. The two sides below them,Herne Bay I and Warriors 4 met recently in a vital match to try and make a challenge on the top 2.Warriors stormed into a 3-0 lead before Paul Messenger put Bay on the scoreboard with a 3-0 win over Bernard Ebeck.Simon Howe maintained his fine start with a 3-1 win over Roger Townsin while Bob Young overcame Linda Sopp 3-0 and put Warriors in a commanding 5-1 lead. Ebeck lost a tight 5 setter against Townsin while Messenger scraped through in the 5th set against Young. Howe rounded off his night with a comfortable 3-0 win over Sopp to give Warriors a 6-3 win. This win lifts Warriors into 4th place,five points behind Bay I but with a game in hand.
At the other end of the table the seasoned veterans of Blean D are struggling to come up with a winning formula. Their latest encounter against Choughs F saw Les Taylor and Dave Goddard get wins over James Ivens and David Smallman to level at 2-2 after Bernard Self had lost to Smallman and Goddard to David Cooke. Ivens won in 4 sets against Self while Cooke raced through Taylor in straight sets,but Goddard fought hard against Ivens,only to fall short in the 5th set. Taylor ground out a win over Smallman and in a tense final match,Cooke edged to a 5th set win over Self for a personal hat trick and a 6-3 win for his side that takes them 4 points clear of Blean at the bottom of the table

After a shaky start in Division 4 that saw them lose two of their first three matches,Dizzy Heights B have powered back in their last 4 games to put them just behind the two leading sides in third place. Against Faversham D.Julian Cheeseman saw off Sam Rogers in 5 sets but Bill Willis hit back for Faversham by beating both Clayson and Cheeseman in 4 sets. Clayson shrugged off the challenge of Rogers to level the match and he and Cheeseman had an entertaining doubles game that went their way in the deciding set.
Heights then swept away Choughs G,5-0,with both Clayson and Mark Greenstreet undefeated,but were held in check against Choughs H,where Ethan Solly defeated both Greenstreet and Clayson but colleague,James Maloney failed to make an impact. Heights got the win in the doubles for a 3-2 win.
Their latest win was a tight battle against Choughs I,a match that saw both Clayson and Greenstreet lose to newcomer,Jackie Fox,but both beat Sima Jovanovic to level at 2-2. The Heights pair proved too strong in the doubles for their opponents,winning in 4 sets to give them a fourth consecutive win and top slot in the doubles league with 6 wins from 7 games

Remember me and or Register